Try to watch the news quite regularly, first to keep in touch with what is happening in the world, then to improve your listening skills + quality of your English (vocabulary + grammar).
Be active when listening
Possible activities :
- take notes when listening
- check your understanding using the script (not available for Newsround, but available on the other websites)
- keep track of the words you didn't know / which are difficult to translate (create a list of words with their definition in English, synonyms or antonyms you know, or translation into French -> to be learnt regularly)
- sum up what you have understood from the newsflash, in English or in French
- try to learn more about what the video / audio deals with -> if they refer to some event or idea you are not familiar with, don't hesitate to find out more about it.
You can also improve your listening skills with some online practice tests for the First Certificate (level B2).